Coach Me Slim & Trim operates as a licence-based company, with personal trainers operating within the brand as independent Coach Me Slim & Trim licensees. Whilst licensees are legally responsible, this policy sets out to explain how data is held and used by both them (the Coach Me Slim & Trim licensee) and us (Coach Me Slim & Trim).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact Coach Me Slim & Trim directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org , or by phone on 07941 413511
Last updated: 25/5/2018.
We gather and use information about our users in order to provide products and services, and to enable the website to function as intended.
We also use this information to better understand how users interact with our brand and to improve the overall user experience.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
· Customer name
· Address, e-mail and telephone contact details
· Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
· Information deemed ‘sensitive’, such as medical information relevant to the personal training service being offered
· Website usage data
· Other information relevant to client enquiries
· Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How We Use This Data
When you supply personal details to either an Coach Me Slim & Trim licensee (“they” or “them”) or directly to Coach Me Slim & Trim (“we” or “us), they are stored and processed by both parties. The reasons and nature of this storage and processing is laid out below
· We need to collect personal information in order that we can provide you with a safe, effective and quality service. The service provided to you, and the Coach Me Slim & Trim licensee’s agreement to provide it to you, constitutes a contract with you and them. You have the right to deny this information to them, but in doing so they would not be able to deliver their service to you.
· We (Coach Me Slim & Trim) have access to, and occasionally process, personal information in order that we can support them in delivering a better service to you. Details of the ways this information is sometimes processed* is contained below. You have the right to deny any of this information to us (Coach Me Slim & Trim) – just let us know by any convenient method.
· According to laws explained within the GDPR, we have a “legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we would be restricted in the support we offer our licensed Coach Me Slim & Trim personal trainers to deliver the best service to you.
· We would like to contact you in future if the opportunity arises that your service could be improved in any way. This may include requesting feedback from you or to resolve any complaints that may arise. This again constitutes “legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
· Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general information or news about Coach Me Slim & Trim that we think is either relevant or helpful to you, in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
· We never share personal information with third parties, unless it is deemed necessary or relevant to the improvement or up-keep of the service being offered. The type of third parties with whom information is sometimes shared, and the nature of the usage of this information, is explained below.
· In the case when information is collected during a customer enquiry that you have made, wherein you do not end up paying for any Coach Me Slim & Trim-related services, we will retain your information for a maximum period of 6 months after the date of the enquiry. This is to allow us to offer a smoother and more efficient service should contact be made with you within that time. If no contact has been made with you after 6 months then we will remove your information
· We do not take or store any kind of payment details on this site.
Methods Of Storage
Your records are stored in the following ways:
1. Information deemed ‘sensitive’, such as medical information relevant to the service being offered, is stored on paper, in locked filing cabinets, by Coach Me Slim & Trim licensees only. We (Coach Me Slim & Trim) do not have access to this information nor will we request it from them without your expressed consent.
2. Other personal information, including contact details, address and other non-sensitive information related to your health and fitness is stored electronically (“in the cloud”), using two online storage applications. This information is accessible by both the respective Coach Me Slim & Trim licensee and Coach Me Slim & Trim. Our providers have given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected, and the passwords are changed regularly.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
· Your licensed Coach Me Slim & Trim personal trainer, in order that they can provide you with your service
· Coach Me Slim & Trim, in order that we are able to both support the personal trainers within our licence who are providing a service to you, and secondly to communicate with you directly regarding any matters which constitute your “legitimate interest”.
From time to time, we may have to employ consultants to perform tasks which might give them access to your personal data (but never your medical information). We will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as confidential, and we will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Control And Ownership
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can withdraw your consent for us holding that information at any time. You can also ask us to correct any factual errors at any time. In the case of either of the above, please get in contact with us at email@example.com
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive which enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Our cookies allow our website to keep track of your personal information, preferences and shopping basket. They also provide us with information regarding how our customers are using our website and which pages they are visiting.
· Track how our customer use our website, how many visitors we are getting and other information that helps us improve our website experience using Google Analytics and other analytics packages.
· Track your current log-in status and your identity, with regards to our website, if you are logged in.
· Conduct A/B testing on our website to help improve user experience. This will allow us to show some of our customers one version of our page and others another version so that we can see which is preferred.
· Store your personal information so that our website is customised to your personal needs.
· To recognise if you have visited our website previously and customise our website accordingly.
Please note that cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling Your Cookies
However, please be aware that this will prevent a large amount of our website from functioning correctly. You will likely find it impossible to purchase products, for instance.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998, and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
All of your information is stored in a secure fashion, protected by strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We store all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998, and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Links From Our Site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.loseweightgetfit.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Our Policy On Data
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
Data Controller – Melanie Simpson Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number – 07941 413511
Postal address – 29a Castle Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1TT
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information We Process With Your Consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, and our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Wherever possible, we aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this information. Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
We may process special category health data in order to deliver our products and services. We will obtain explicit consent from you before processing this category of data.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists. You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us email@example.com.
Information We Process For The Purposes Of Legitimate Interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
1. whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
2. whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
3. whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
1. record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
2. responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
3. protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
4. insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
5. protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
Sharing Your Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out above:
1. service providers who provide IT and system administration services
2. professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
3. HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
4. social media outlets whom we use to deliver relevant content and advertisements to you
5. cloud providers and email marketing platforms, including AWeber, Eventbrite and Mailchimp, in order to manage our relationship with you
6. third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
1. to provide you with the services you have requested;
2. to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
3. to support a claim or defence in court.
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
Data May Be Processed Outside The European Union
We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly, data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union. For example, some of the software we use has databases located in the United States of America.
We use the following safeguards with respect to data transferred outside the European Union:
1. the processor is within the same corporate group as our business or organisation and abides by the same binding corporate rules regarding data processing.
2. the data protection clauses in our contracts with data processors include transfer clauses written by or approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union
3. we comply with a code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union
4. we are certified under an approved certification mechanism as provided for in the GDPR
5. both our organisation and the processor are public authorities between whom there is either a legally binding agreement or administrative arrangements approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union relating to protection of your information
Access To Your Own Information
At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by sending us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org. After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
Contacting Us About This Policy